The decision has been taken in order to bring the papers more in line with the expectations of Level 5, KS2, National Curriculum, for both English and Mathematics and to better reflect the educational experience of primary school pupils.
There will not be a discrete Verbal Reasoning Paper.
New English Paper
The new English paper (in line with the expectation of Level 5, KS2, National Curriculum) will comprise:
- Comprehension, grammar and vocabulary questions
- Two pieces of creative writing
- Applied reasoning (literacy/verbal)
New Mathematics paper
The new Mathematics paper (in line with the expectations of Level 5, KS2, National Curriculum) will comprise:
- Questions consistent with KS2 of the National Curriculum
- Applied reasoning (mathematical/non-verbal)
The paper will last 1 hour and be worth 60 marks in total.